Banana Bread Yay!
by Melissa Alcantara on Feb 01, 2018
A third less oil and sugar than most banana breads but the same great taste and texture!
Um, who doesn't love banana bread I mean like c'mon! Especially when it's this healthy and this good. I was skeptical at first but when this piece of art came out the oven, it was love at first sight and then again at first bite lol. How do you fall in love for the first time, twice? Just make this lil' number and try not to eat the whole thing in one sitting.
Low Sugar low + fat Banana Bread - 12 slices (protein 3.6g, carb 19.3g, fat 3.9) 122 calories per servingIngredients
- 225g Ripe banana
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 3/4 cup whole wheat flour or oat flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1.5 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit (165 degrees Celsius) and grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan. I like to spray with coconut oil.
2. In a large bowl, beat the oil and maple syrup together with a whisk. Add the eggs and beat well, then whisk in the mashed bananas and milk. (If your coconut oil solidifies on contact with cold ingredients, simply let the bowl rest in a warm place for a few minutes, like on top of your stove, or warm it for about 10 seconds in the microwave.)
3. Add the baking soda, vanilla, salt and cinnamon, and whisk to blend. Lastly, switch to a big spoon and stir in the flour, just until combined. If you see some lumps it’s ok!
4. Pour the batter into your greased loaf pan and sprinkle lightly with cinnamon. If you’d like a pretty swirled effect, run the tip of a knife across the batter in a zig-zag pattern.
5. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let the bread cool in the loaf pan for 10 minutes, if you can wait that long!
Im a huge fan, been flllowing you for about a year now and I finally treated Myself to your 8 week program and I ‘m two days in! So far I’m really enjoying it but my gym doesn’t have battle ropes, so I was wondering what an alternative could be to this excercise? I hope To hear back from you soon
I just wanted to say that nothing has motivated me more than watching you and seeing your transformation. I am currently doing your 8 week BS program (body sculptor not bullshit haha far from it!!) I am on week one and love it! I love the meals you have suggested – they are just perfect and simple – please bring out more! So yeah I may have only found out about you from watching “Keeping Up with the Kardashians” and seeing Kims body transform as well (Holy shitballs how amazing did she look at the Metgala!) so thank you to Kim also. There is just something special about you and your way of training and nutrition that just clicks with me. Again, never change! Keep being you even when you become a mega famous superstar trainer. You currently are that superstar to me! Thank you again – Jenna
Hi! Love your website ! Can you make the “sweet potato” burger recipes available on your new website? I can’t find it anymore since the website change.
Plus, the blueberry banana muffin recipe seems incomplete. Most of the instructions are missing!
Thanks and thank you for motivating me!