Strawberry Buh-nay-nay Oatmeal Protein Waffles
by Melissa Alcantara on Feb 02, 2018
Yummy AF (and fingerlickingood)
Ingredients - Yields 2 servings
- 1/2 Cup of rolled or quick oats
- 1 Scoop Protein Milkshake Cupcake Batter powder
- 1 Cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 3/4 Cup of fat free yogurt
- 1 Egg white
- 1 Small banana
- 4 Strawberries (2 strawberries are garnish)
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla or Almond extract
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ground nutmeg (garnish)
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil
Total Macros - 701 Total Calories (serves 2)
Protein - 50.5
Carbs - 69.5
Fat - 28.4
Macros per person - 351 Calories per person
Protein - 25.25
Carbs - 34.75
Fat - 14.2
Instructions for Waffle - Yields 4 waffles
- Heat waffle maker
- Take rolled or quick oats and blend dry making it into a flour
- Add 1/2 scoop of Protein Milkshake protein powder, 1/2 cup of almond milk, 1/2 of the banana, 1/4 cup of fat free yogurt, egg white, vanilla extract, cinnamon and baking powder to the oat flour in the blender.
- Add 1/4 tbsp of your coconut oil to the waffle maker so it doesn't stick, also gives it a tiny coconut flavor.
- Use a spoon to scoop batter out and add to waffle maker, about 3 or 4 spoonfuls is enough per waffle.
- Green light indicates they're ready, remove and plate.
- Take 1 strawberry and chop into small pieces
- Add chopped strawberry into the rest of your yogurt
- Add 1/4 scoop of protein powder to strawberry and yogurt and mix together until creamy and powder is fully incorporated.
- Cut 1 strawberry and 1/2 banana into small pieces
- Heat sauce pan medium fire and add 1/2 tbsp of coconut oil
- Add strawberry and banana to heated sauce pan and cook until visibly soft, add 1/4 cup almond milk and use a fork to smash the strawberry and banana mixing it in with the almond milk.
- After adding the almond milk cook for about 3o-45 seconds until milk thickens just a bit then remove of stove.